The Veken Pet Fountain:- Water, Synonymous with life. Almost magic, as it is one of the few elements in the world capable of being solid, liquid, or gaseous. An element composed of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom that is essential for life. Although always insufficient, its presence is total: 70% of the earth –and of our body– is water.
In the case of our pets, their body is 60% water and, although they are not very friendly to it, their survival also depends on the liquid element. It is proven that pets that drink enough are healthier pets. However, traditional waterers can discourage them from quenching their thirst for a variety of reasons (such as stagnation). The solution? Veken pet fountain.
- Pet fountain filters need to be changed on a regular basis. In this way, the water will always be free of impurities and bad odors. If you are going to opt for this exceptional option over traditional waterers, you need to commit to the product so that your pets can receive the best.
- If your “furry friend” bases a large part of its diet on feed, you must make sure that it drinks enough water. Traditional drinking containers do not encourage this, since the water stagnates and, as it is not moving, it does not attract too much attention to the pets, which by nature are not very prone to approaching the liquid element. A Veken pet fountain will encourage your cat to interact with the water and drink more.
- Buying an electric pet fountain largely depends on the cat or pets you have. Keep in mind that the more pets, you will need a higher capacity (or more than one medium capacity source).
The Veken Pet Fountain
Most pet food has low moisture levels. Therefore, your pets need to compensate for this lack of water. Their ancestors did it through hunting (prey like the mouse is 70% water); however, the modern house cat can rarely do this or is simply lazy. This is why many build cat hammock to keep their cats leading an active life.
The Veken Pet Fountain is one of the best cheap pet fountains. For just around $25, it offers you a striking and cute floral design, a large storage capacity (up to 1.6 l), and a 360º water flow system. Thanks to its output configurations with constant water circulation, it will not be difficult for you to find a product that interests your pet in it.
Through its activated filters, the water always remains clean, fresh, and free of odors that could dissuade the animal from drinking it. In addition, the Veken Pet fountain is accompanied by a waterproof mat made of silicone so as not to wet the floor. The finishing touch? More than 63,513 reviews with an average of 4.7/5 stars.
Editorial review: The Veken Pet fountain contains a natural water filter. It is also one of the best-valued products on the market. It is highly functional. With a sober but modern design, it stands out for its ease of assembly and cleaning.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Pet Fountains
We have presented you with one of the best pet fountains today, but there is still some ground to cover. So that you can be soaked in knowledge. So, we present answers to the most frequently asked questions about pet fountains.
How exactly do pet water fountains work?
Just as we have the Veken pet fountain, there are other several types of pet fountains. However, its operation is always the same. What’s more, its components are generally the same (although some models may have the occasional additional or exclusive element). We are talking about the water pump, the filter, and the diffusers.
- Water pump: Essential so that the water can circulate throughout the system that makes up the fountain. Several of the Amazon cats toys that fall under the pet fountains category, have three settings with which you can change the way in which the water pump works. In this way, if one configuration does not convince your cat, you can always try others. They require electrical power for their operation, although, their consumption is very low!
- Filter: Key for your dogs and cats to have access to clean and healthy water. Most of the available options use active carbon filters. It should not sound strange to you, since it is a filter material that is also used in products intended for humans. Obviously, the shape of the filter will depend on the model; however, little needs to be said about how it works: the water passes through the activated carbon in order to remove impurities.
- Diffuser: This is where the water comes from. It is the element of the Veken pet fountain that varies the most from others. Although functional, its greatest weight is ornamental. The options, therefore, are multiple: soft water jets, waterfalls, bubbling water, or permanent flow. Everything will depend on the character of your pet. For example, some cats will respond more actively to cascading water, however, others may prefer a gentle, unobtrusive flow.
What are the advantages of the Veken Pet fountain compared to traditional waterers?
The 21st century is the century of unbridled capitalism. Its machinery had not been presented as sophisticated and precise as it is today.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of pet fountains:
- They draw the attention of your “furry” and, consequently, he ends up drinking more.
- Clean and fresh water for your feline 24 hours a day.
- They usually have a compact design with a large storage capacity.
- Despite not being a traditional drinker, it is not difficult to clean.
- Available technology makes it possible to offer quiet pet fountains.
- They don’t have to be plugged in all day (and even if they were, they consume very little).
- The Veken pet fountain and most of the modern models warn you that there is little water left through an LED.
- The initial investment is more expensive but pays off in the long run.
- It takes a little longer to clean them.
What material is the Veken Pet fountain made of?
Like any other drinking fountain, pet water fountains can be made from many different materials. The most common of them is plastic. On the other hand, any pet fountain model will not use only one material, since components such as the motor or the water pump need something else. That is why you should always disassemble them before cleaning them.
Plastic water fountain: The Veken pet fountain uses top-quality plastic. Plastic fountains tend to stand out for their long useful life. In addition, being made of this material they are cheaper than their competitors. Of course, they require higher maintenance, since the plastic tends to wear out and generate small cracks where bacteria can proliferate.
How do you clean an electric pet fountain?
If you are wondering how to clean a pet water fountain, this is the section you were looking for. Obviously, the procedure may vary depending on the model, but, broadly speaking, it is always the same. Don’t panic, as keeping an electric fountain in working order is almost as easy as keeping a traditional water bowl:
- Unplug the water fountain.
- Empty the fountain reservoir.
- Take it apart to dispose of all its components individually.
- Excludes the water pump from cleaning. It can be damaged if it gets wet.
- Clean each of the pieces with water, a sponge, and some suitable product. You can also put them in the dishwasher.
- Dry each piece properly and reassemble the fountain.
- Repeat the process every ten or fifteen days. Also, be sure to change the Veken pet fountain filter regularly.
The cats are not very fond of water –almost all species hate bathing–, but they need it to survive. Therefore, as the father or mother of one –or several– of these beautiful felines, you must provide them with access to clean and fresh water at all times. The Veken pet fountain is an excellent tool to achieve this goal in the best way.