Do you like to write and do not know how to design a blog? Have you come up with a great business and don’t know how to transfer it to a web page? Don’t despair! It is not easy to communicate in the virtual world without the right tools. Fortunately, we always have the opportunity to learn new things. Isn’t it time to enroll in a WordPress course and lose your fear?
If you’ve never heard of WordPress, don’t worry. You have come to the right place. Or maybe you already know the basics, but haven’t had time to dig deeper. Whatever the case, in this specialized article you will be able to find out which are the best courses to master one of the most popular content management systems in the world. You are ready? Go ahead!
- There are many ways to learn WordPress, but online courses are one of the best alternatives for today’s times. This popular management system has become famous for its free open source license, ease of use, and content manager features.
- You can find a rich variety of WordPress courses depending on what you are looking to develop and what level of knowledge you already have. Some are recorded, others live and many offer extra material for you to download and do your own tests. It all depends on what is best for you!
- Before enrolling in a WordPress course, keep in mind some important criteria: type of content and purpose, structure and duration of the course, level to which it is directed, compatibility with different devices and offer of extra materials, among others.
Our WordPress courses
Why go to a web developer if you can learn how to do it yourself? With the right WordPress course, the only limit is your imagination. Take the opportunity to get the hang of a system that will open many doors for you. If you find it difficult to choose the ideal, take a look at the selection that we have prepared with the best offers available.
Enrollment Guide: What You Should Know About WordPress Courses
Having an online presence has become almost an obligation in today’s world. Having your own website or blog and knowing the tools to manage content can add a lot of value to your ideas or businesses. Taking a WordPress course is the best way to start. You have doubts? In the section that follows we will go through the most frequently asked questions. Keep reading!
What exactly do WordPress courses teach?
The purpose of these courses is to offer theoretical and practical knowledge about the use, functionalities and applications that WordPress has, a content management system (CMS). Launched in 2003, it is one of the most popular in the world for creating blogs and commercial websites. The courses, mostly virtual, go through the steps to get the most out of it.
Why can it be useful to enroll in WordPress courses?
Whether it’s because you have a great idea to share or because you want to start a business, an online presence is almost an obligation these days. If you take a WordPress course, you will receive the necessary tools to translate that idea or that business into an easy-to-use, visually attractive and business-oriented site or blog.
Why are WordPress courses so popular?
Since the year of its launch, WordPress is one of the leading systems for content management. Virtually all blogs use WordPress, as well as most websites out there. It is not surprising, therefore, that so many courses have emerged to learn how to use it well. The reasons for its popularity are the same as WordPress itself:
- Open source: WordPress is free. You can download, install and use it freely. Why? Because it is developed with open source software.
- Ease of use: It doesn’t matter if it’s the first time you want to create or edit content. With WordPress you don’t have to be a webmaster. If you are familiar with any word processor, you will not have any problem with this CMS.
- Versatility: Although WordPress was born as a platform for blogs, today it has become a really versatile tool. With the right plug-in—in computing, a programming plugin that adds a new feature to your site—you can create business- or e-commerce-oriented web pages.
- SEO optimization: If you want Google to like your content, you already have another reason to take a WordPress course. Its logical architecture and responsive design make this CMS very easy for users to find. Search engine optimization or SEO is essential to stay in the top positions!
- Free resources: Given the popularity of WordPress, you will find a variety of resources, templates, tutorials, plugins and guides on the Internet. This will allow you to continue learning and adding experiences until you become an expert.
- Security: You may have wondered if the fact that WordPress is open source makes it more vulnerable. Quite the contrary! Not only does it have a great security team, but you can download different plug-ins that will help you protect your content and keep it free from hackers .
- Personalization: Do you like the design and want to implement your own ideas? Don’t worry, WordPress will not impose any template on you. You can customize your content with the themes, colors and images of your choice. Same with backgrounds and fonts. No need to modify the code!
- Multi-content: WordPress is not just a system for text and images. If you want to add videos, audios, presentations or even infographics, this CMS supports it all. The limit is in your imagination.
What requirements are necessary to take a WordPress course?
Since most WordPress courses are online, the two most important requirements are a modern computer and a good internet connection. Beyond these two conditions, each course has its own rules: those aimed at beginners will not require prior knowledge, but the most advanced ones may require some special skill.
This is why, before enrolling in a WordPress course, you should read the description of the contents very well to make sure that you will not encounter any problems. Some study plans include notions of programming, web development or design that not all people master. If you have many doubts, better choose one for beginners.
Are there free WordPress courses?
Yes, but not many. In general, the free WordPress courses are theoretical classes for those who do not have any previous knowledge and want to start from scratch. If this is your case, they can be a very good option. But if you want to delve into different WordPress features or if you already have some basics, a paid course is probably right for you.
How long are WordPress courses?
There is no exact duration, since WordPress courses vary according to content and level. The most basic and for beginners consist of a single class or session of up to three hours. The most advanced and complete ones, which teach all WordPress applications, can take many classes (up to thirty) and require a workload of five hours per week.
What are the advantages of doing a WordPress course?
The vast majority of WordPress courses are virtual and flexible. This means that the dedication and time you spend on them is up to you. This freedom of action will allow you to organize yourself to take advantage of the multiple advantages in the best way. Which are? We can mention the following:
- Recorded classes: It doesn’t matter if you didn’t pay enough attention the first time. Each class or session is recorded and you can access it as many times as you want, so you won’t miss any content.
- Shared Community: Most courses encourage participation in internal forums or groups with other participants and the instructors themselves. This will lead you to exchange knowledge, experiences and ideas with people who are looking for the same thing as you: master WordPress!
- Extra downloadable materials: Many WordPress courses are not limited to lectures only. They also offer different resources for you to download and that are very useful for working with WordPress: plug-ins , design templates, code sheets, among others.
- Official certificates: Many courses issue, at the end, certificates of completion or approval. These look great on your CV or on your LinkedIn profile, for example to demonstrate your knowledge with clients.
What practical examples can I learn with a WordPress course?
Entering the world of WordPress means exploring different possibilities to create a website. The good news is that this CMS is very flexible. The courses will guide you to find what you are looking for, the plug-ins you need and much more.
Good ideas deserve to be on the Internet if you want them to reach a considerable number of people. What better than a content system like WordPress to make it happen? Of course, first you need to learn how to use it well and get the most out of it. WordPress courses will get you out of trouble as long as you follow some basic criteria.
Content and orientation
Before choosing your WordPress course, are you clear about what you want to do or create? This content system offers a multitude of very different possibilities. The contents of the courses will differ greatly depending on whether they are aimed at creating a blog or an e-commerce site. Therefore, before choosing, think about your final product.
Compatibility with various devices and operating systems
The most common is to do WordPress courses from the computer. But given that today we also move a lot with smartphones and tablets , it is a great advantage that you can follow the classes and sessions also on these devices. Also, make sure that the course you choose works on the operating system you use: be it Windows, iOS, Linux or another.