Have you ever been struck by how quickly and efficiently you find information on the Internet? Or that the first Google results almost always correspond to what you were looking for? If you think this is because you know how to search or you’ve been lucky, you probably don’t know much about SEO. Don’t worry! It’s never too late to take a course and learn, right?
Google and any other browser does not care about any search or any website. There are many techniques and knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization) that influence and improve your positioning. Do you want to know what is it about? In this specialized article we invite you to see the best courses to use these techniques in your favor.
- The SEO courses are designed so that you learn to master techniques and actions that improve the web positioning of certain sites in the results list of Internet search engines, especially Google. These techniques include optimizing the structure and metadata of a website or content design, among others.
- SEO techniques are applied to a wide variety of fields: among them, web programming and development, digital marketing , content generation and community manager strategy . SEO courses can also help you set up your own e-commerce site .
- Before enrolling in an SEO course, take into account some important criteria: type of content and purpose, structure and duration of the course, level to which it is directed, compatibility with different devices and offer of extra materials, among others.
The best SEO courses
Internet search engines are today the main source we use to find information. A company or website that is not well positioned can be invisible to potential customers. SEO courses will give you enough tools for this not to happen. Don’t know which one to choose? Take advantage of this selection with the best options on the market.
If you’re new to all things search engine optimization, you won’t find a better way than to start with this Udemy course. It offers you a tour from the most basic to the most advanced techniques to improve visibility, especially in Google.
You will be able to apply the learning from this course to digital marketing , e-commerce and web development. No prior knowledge is required.
The best SEO course for WordPress
o you have experience with WordPress and want to go to the next level? This SEO course brings you strategies to position a website using WordPress as a CMS (content management system).
You must have knowledge of WordPress to take this course. You will learn about the importance of permalinks and also how to optimize elements such as footers , menus and comments, among other things.
Not everyone has the opportunity to invest a lot of money in training. Luckily, Tutellus offers a very comprehensive free SEO course. You will discover how to appear in the first positions of Google and other search engines such as Yahoo!, Bing and DuckDuckGo.
In short video lessons, this course is ideal to learn how to optimize your online presence and appear in front of customers in the first positions.
What You Should Know About SEO Courses
Having an online presence is essential in today’s times, but it is not enough. You should also know how to position yourself in the first results of search engines if you want to attract the right traffic. SEO courses are ideal for you to have the necessary tools for it. You have doubts?
What exactly do SEO courses teach?
The purpose of these courses is to offer techniques and strategies to improve the positioning of websites in Internet search engines. No matter what content you have, the goal is to improve online visibility in the organic results of the different search engines. Hence the SEO gets its name in Spanish: positioning or optimization in search engines.
Why can it be useful to enroll in SEO courses?
The most important reason why you need to take an SEO course is because it allows you to make your website more useful: both for users and for search engines. More and more people are using Google, Yahoo! o Bing to search for information on a daily basis. How will you make sure that your site appears in their first results?
Applying SEO techniques is the best way for users (who in turn can be potential customers or buyers) to find you through searches in which your web page is relevant. Today it is known that the best way to reach them is through a search engine. With millions of sites being created every day, standing out isn’t easy.
Of these ideas, you should keep two key concepts:
- Increased visibility: the goal of SEO is to make your site receive more visits.
- Search engine optimization : Although Google is the undisputed search engine (and whenever we talk about SEO it seems that we mean Google), the meaning of SEO applies to all other search engines out there.
Why are SEO courses so popular?
Before search engines appeared in our lives, our most efficient way to find reliable information was asking friends or acquaintances for references. But when the use of the Internet became available to the end user and opened up for commercial purposes, the story changed completely.
At the beginning of the year 2000, SEO as we know it today was born: the use of the search engine algorithm for commercial purposes. A series of practices began to spread so that these algorithms would work in favor of the user. Better positioning equaled more traffic, that is, more sales. And there began the popularity of SEO courses:
- Thanks to SEO, you can improve the presence of your brand in the different search engines.
- SEO techniques become a work process that you can learn to make money.
- If you are developing a project and have a low budget, SEO can help you prioritize the content that will really make you more relevant.
- There is a very high demand for SEO experts, and courses are the best start to be an expert in web positioning.
In what areas can you apply the learning from an SEO course?
The arrival of the Internet multiplied by millions the appearance of new websites, with a wide variety of purposes. Search engines have become the main channels for finding information and SEO has thus become the ABC of online visibility . After an SEO course, you will be able to develop in the personal, social and commercial spheres:
- Programming and web development, often localized (for example, for WordPress).
- Design with CSS and HTML.
- Digital marketing and advertising.
- E-commerce sites .
- Strategies for social networks ( community management )
- Creative writing or copywriting, and content marketing
What requirements are necessary to take an SEO course?
Learning SEO techniques will change the way you develop websites and generate content forever. The good news? If you’re starting from scratch, there’s a lot you can do without being an expert. Although of course, the more knowledge you have about programming or marketing , the greater advantage you will get from SEO. But, in principle, you need a few requirements:
- Have an interest in SEO and want to attract users and customers using specific techniques and strategies.
- Have a basic understanding of the use of browsers (such as Chrome) and search engines (such as Google).
- Good internet connection.
- Access to a computer or computer device.
Are there free SEO courses?
Yes, and although they are quite complete, they do not delve into much knowledge. In general, free SEO courses consist of theoretical classes that simply go through the terminology of the different techniques. They also serve as a general map of everything that SEO encompasses. If you are a beginner and just curious, they can be helpful.
But if the purpose you are pursuing is to start applying strategies to improve your web positioning and attract more traffic to your site, these courses will not help you much. But don’t be discouraged! You always have to start somewhere and later you can choose a course more in line with the needs you have.
How long are SEO courses?
They do not have an exact duration, since SEO courses vary according to content and level. The most basic and for beginners consist of a single class or session of up to three hours. The most advanced and complete ones, which go through all the SEO techniques, with practical cases and downloadable resources, can have many classes (more than 80) and last several months.
What are the advantages of doing an SEO course?
The vast majority of SEO courses are virtual and flexible. This means that the dedication and time you spend on them is up to you. This freedom of action will allow you to organize yourself to take advantage of the multiple advantages in the best way. Which are? We can mention the following:
- Recorded classes: It doesn’t matter if you didn’t pay enough attention the first time. Each class or session is recorded and you can access it as many times as you want, so you won’t miss any content.
- Shared Community: Most courses encourage participation in internal forums or groups with other participants and the instructors themselves. This will lead you to exchange knowledge, experiences and ideas with people who are looking for the same thing as you: to master SEO techniques!
- Extra downloadable materials: Many SEO courses are not limited to classes only. They also offer practical cases (or with your own website) so that you can start applying SEO techniques right now and measure the results in real time.
- Official certificates: Many courses issue, at the end, certificates of completion or approval. These look great on your resume or on your LinkedIn profile, for example, to demonstrate your knowledge with clients. SEO is a highly requested service in today’s companies, especially in marketing and advertising.
What does not appear in Google, does not exist. Sounds tough, right? For better or worse, this is increasingly true. And not only is it enough to appear, but to do it in the first positions. If these issues concern you, it is best that you enroll in an SEO course as soon as possible. If it is not easy for you to choose, we recommend a series of criteria for you to take into account.
Content and orientation
Before choosing your SEO course, do you have a clear idea of what type of website you want to have a better positioning? Improving the content of your literary blog to attract more traffic is not the same as selling more recycled material t-shirts on your e-commerce site . Find the course that best suits the type of content you handle and the goals you pursue.
Practical approach and basic techniques
A good SEO course is not limited to giving a list of terms and techniques for web positioning. To be complete, the ideal is that it also offers you practical cases or that it allows you to apply the learnings on your own site, so that you can already measure the impact on search engine results. Also make sure that the content includes:
- SEO on-site
- SEO off-site
- Black Hat SEO, White Hat SEO, Gray Hat SEO
- Analyze keywords and keywords
- Linkbuilding or link building strategies
SEO courses are designed so that you can improve the positioning of your website in the main search engines. Given the immeasurable number of pages being created every day, the competition in the results rankings is fierce. With a good SEO course, you will learn techniques to increase the visibility you need and thus attract users.
The great advantage of SEO courses is that they apply to many areas, from advertising to creative writing, including managing social networks and web development. For the most part, you don’t need prior knowledge, but there are cases where some programming notions (with WordPress, for example) can save you a lot of time to achieve your goals.